Home  »  Finance   »  SunPower Corporation (NASDAQ: SPWR) Stock You Miss...

SunPower Corporation (NASDAQ: SPWR) Stock You Missed During The Week

SunPower Corporation (NASDAQ:SPWR) traded at $16.55 at last check on Tuesday, January 24, made an upward move of 0.85% on its previous day’s price.

Looking at the stock we see that its previous close was $16.41 and the beta (5Y monthly) reads 1.73 with the day’s price range being $16.10 – $16.71. The company has a trailing 12-month PE ratio of 28.10. In terms of its 52-week price range, SPWR has a high of $28.42 and a low of $12.78. The company’s stock has lost about -17.58% over that past 30 days.

Top 5 Undervalued Stocks To Own In 2023

Microchip Maker Releases "World's Most Powerful Data Center CPU". It could allow the company who manufactures it to lead the industry as the global microchip shortage continues into the coming year. We've put together a free research report that explains all the details. Not only will you find out why analysts believe this chip manufacturer could lead the pack, you will also discover four more potential winners for the coming year.

Click here to download your Free Research Report…

Sponsored

SunPower Corporation has a market cap of $2.90 billion and is expected to release its quarterly earnings report on Feb 14, 2023 – Feb 20, 2023. Estimates by analysts give the company expected earnings per share (EPS) of $0.08, with the EPS growth for the year raised at $0.25 for 2022 and $0.56 for next year. These figures represent 47.10% and 124.00% growth in EPS for the two years respectively.

Analysts tracking the company’s growth have also given it a consensus growth in revenue estimated at $428 million, with a low of $355.8 million and a high of $468.9 million. According to analyst consensus estimates figures, the company’s yearly revenue forecast for 2022 is expected to hit $1.66 billion, or 25.50% up from figures reported last year.

There have been no upward and no downward revisions for the stock’s EPS in last 7 days, something that reflects the nature of company’s price movement in short term. On the other hand, looking at the outlook for the SPWR stock, short term indicators assign the stock an average of 100% Sell, while medium term indicators assign it an average of 50% Sell. Long term indicators on average place the stock in the category of 50% Sell.

Looking further, we note that the PEG ratio for the SPWR stock currently stands at 0.61, and the most recent price level today is -6.83% off its SMA20 and -19.96% from its 50-day simple moving average. The RSI (14) is pointing at 35.79 while the volatility over the past week is 5.98% and jumps to 5.31% over the past one month. The beta value is 1.96, while the average true range (ATR) is currently pointing at 1.04.

Let’s briefly compare SunPower Corporation (SPWR) stock to its peers. We find that today’s price change of 0.85% and -13.72% over the past 12 months for SPWR competes that of TotalEnergies SE (TTE), which has seen its stock price fall -0.51% in the latest trading session and is 14.22% over the last one year. In contrast to these companies, both the S&P 500 Index and the Dow Jones Industrial are today at -0.40% and -0.23%, respectively, in early deals.

Coming back to SunPower Corporation (NASDAQ:SPWR), we note that the average 3-month trading volume was 3.69 million, while that of the preceding 10-day period stands at 4.1 million. Current shares outstanding are 174.12 million.

The insiders hold 0.30% of the company’s shares while institutions hold 89.70%. The data shows that short shares as of Oct 13, 2022, stood at 12.15 million at a short ratio of 3.32. This represents a 6.98% short interest in shares outstanding on Oct 13, 2022. Shares short fall in October from the previous month at 15.75 million. Investors should be excited about this stock as its upside potential is great, with today’s price pushing the stock -8.99% down in year-to-date price movement.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *